The moment someone walks into your home, the furniture, décor, and colour palette tell a unique story about you and your family. This is why the home is a space for many South Africans to express their individuality and personalities. Balancing functional and fashionable is a challenge many amateur interior designers enjoy when it comes to decorating their homes. Some forget, though, that the outdoors should be as much of a style statement as the indoors.
Fortunately, more and more people are beginning to see their outdoor spaces as equally important as their interior spaces. The trick is to ensure your home’s indoor theme flows into your exterior entertainment area. See it as an extension that should enhance your house’s style as a whole.
Start your outdoor style journey
Here are some tips to begin your outdoor styling adventure on the right foot:
- The most important aspect is the furniture. It sounds like simple advice, but some people make the mistake of putting style over practicality. Ask yourself: “What do I want to do on my patio?” If your answer involves relaxing, then a lounge set would be most ideal. If entertaining is your thing, then a dining set would work best.
- Choose something that suits the exterior of your house, and make sure that you choose the most suitable set for your specific area.
- When it comes to décor, less is more, so be careful of creating clutter.
- Do not choose something that will damage easily. Durability is very important for the outdoors.
- The furniture items that are best suited for a patio are those that are low maintenance, lightweight, and easy to move around.
Finding stylish, durable furniture won’t be a challenge if you visit one of our Patio Warehouse branches.
Our team of professionals travel the world to bring you the widest selection of quality imported and locally manufactured patio furniture and accessories. This is why, if you choose one of our extensive ranges, you can rest assured you’re ticking the right boxes.
For an outdoor entertainment area that is a reflection of your style, visit one of our showrooms today.
You will be spoilt for choice!