“Patio Warehouse”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Patio Warehouse (Pty) Ltd and all its subsidiaries.
“Website/s” refers to all websites owned and operated by Patio Warehouse.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices insofar as it relates to the processing of your personal information. Your personal information is your most valued asset and Patio Warehouse understands the importance of protecting this asset.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information of visitors to our website, available at www.patiowarehouse.co.za and to all of our clients, potential clients, suppliers and business partners who engage with us in any manner (“you”).
Any separate terms and conditions between you and us, will further describe your relationship with us.
This Privacy Notice needs to be updated from time to time, and we will update or notify you of such changes.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All reference to the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, shall mean personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
- With our interactions with you, we may request such information, including but not limited to your:
- Identity document
- Company registration documents;
- Certificates (i.e. VAT, BEE, TAX and other good standing and compliance certificates in terms of applicable law);
- Your name, surname, identity/passport number, contact information and residential/postal address;
- Any relevant information that we may require from you for purposes of furthering any commercial transactions with you or for a legitimate purpose (i.e. contact number, email address and banking information)
- When you furnish us with your personal information, you consent that we may process such personal information for the purpose that it has been requested by us or in terms of a legal requirement. You may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us in writing that we should not process your personal information any longer.
- When you register as a new client via our website or email, you may be prompted to provide us with certain documents mentioned above. We may conduct due diligence and verification checks of your personal information through third party verification systems and agencies.
- What we do with your personal information:
- Provide you with quotations;
- Register you as a customer or trader;
- Provide and deliver you with our products and services;
- Submit it to third party financial institutions that we deal with (all of whom comply with POPIA) to conduct financial assessments on you;
- Comply with any applicable law that requires us to use your information, or where it is necessary to protect any interest that you, us or another party may have;
- Assess a proposed business relationship with you, if you are a supplier of goods or services that we may require from time to time;
- Respond to general enquiries submitted through our websites, Facebook pages and Instagram pages;
- Improve our website and customer service by gaining insight into how our visitors use our website.
- If you do not wish to provide your personal information we may:
- Decide in our sole discretion, not to proceed with the proposed transaction in respect of which your personal information was requested;
- Not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you require from us;
- Not be able to respond to your enquiry as submitted to us through our websites, our Facebook pages and our Instagram pages.
- When we disclose your personal information to a third party?
- If it is necessary to give effect to a contract with you;
- If it is required by law;
- If we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
- Whom we may disclose your personal information to?
- Third party internal and external auditors;
- Third party service providers who assist us in rendering the services or products that we provide to you. In these instances, we have service level agreements with them to ensure that your information is protected and only used to provide those services and products to you;
- Our employees;
- Law enforcement or regulatory bodies as required by law;
- Our insurers, underwriters and professional advisors, including our accountants, lawyers, business advisors and consultants; and
- Any other juristic or natural person for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We will never sell your personal information.
- Protecting your personal information
The protection and safeguarding of your personal information is important to us and we have a secure internal process wherein we adopt industry best practices to ensure that all reasonable practicable organizational and technical measures are in place to protect your personal information.
- As the personal information relates to you, you have options available:
- Request us to confirm what information we hold of you and you may also request us to either delete, correct or destroy that information;
- Refuse or object to us processing your personal information if you have reasonable grounds to believe that we should not be using your information;
- Request us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes or if you have consented to direct marketing you may withdraw that consent at any time;
- Request access to the records containing your personal information or a description of the personal information that we hold about you.
You must think carefully when you exercise these options as we may not be able to provide you with our services or products if you refuse or object to us using your personal information.
- If your personal information changes
If any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, you may ask us to correct it. If any personal information that we hold about you is excessive in your view or that we are no longer authorised to retain it, you may ask us to destroy or delete it.
You are entitled to access, correct, delete and limit processing of your personal information.
Your contact details may be used by us, to send you details of new products, services or promotions. Marketing communications may be sent to you in various forms (including by sms and email) in accordance with applicable marketing laws. We endeavour to use your preferred mode of communication.
Our marketing communications will set out how to unsubscribe from (or opt out of) receiving future communications should you no longer wish to receive such promotional material.
Due to our website being accessible via the internet, and the internet being inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us online (including that it will not be intercepted). Any personal information that you send to us online is at your own risk.
Your personal information may be kept by us in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from unlawful and unauthorised access, processing and disclosure.
- Complaints and contact information
If you suspect that your personal information has been unlawfully accessed or acquired, you can contact us on email@example.com. You must provide us with details of your suspicion so that we can investigate it.
We will investigate your complaints and treat it with confidentiality (unless otherwise required by law) and we aim to ensure that they are resolved within a reasonable time, in order to provide you with feedback.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, any general concerns or would like to lay a complaint regarding the treatment of your personal information or to access and correct your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Networking
In addition to our websites, we use applications for social networking such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to promote our products and services. Social networking service providers may collect your personal information when you communicate with us and they have their own privacy policies.
- Any updates
We may update this Notice from time to time but you can always accept that the one available on our website is the most up to date version.
Last Update: January 2022