One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella fabrics looking good is to brush off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabric. The quicker you clean spills and stains, the easier they can be to remove.
- Brush off any loose dirt.
- Spray on a cleaning solution of water and mild soap.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Air dry.
Mold and mildew stains
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances if not removed from the fabric. To remove mold or mildew:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of water.
- Spray on entire area and allow soaking into the fabric for 15 minutes.
- Clean entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
- For severe mold/mildew growth, bleach quantities may be increased.
It is best to clean the entire surface area of the fabric to avoid water rings and stains.